Sunday, August 5, 2012

Another possible change in health?

So, I have been slowly inspired to do better and better with my health.

I've been working on p90x2 for over a month, and have been slowly changing. It's been quite the journey. After week 3, I was struggling to motivate myself. The only thing that kept me going was the fact I knew I would slow back down and lose all my progress. So I pushed myself further. It was difficult.

Then I decided to watch the olympics this year. Like really watch it. And I watched the sport I so identified with in my past: swimming. I've always missed it, since I stopped. Of course, I've had no time. But I miss it a lot.
And so, while I was watching it, I asked myself: why in the world did I stop?

And I had no answer. I had time to work on my p90x2 program, because I made time. Why did I not make time for the one sport?

A lot of people find it boring, swimming back and forth. I actually find it soothing. I missed the time I had to myself, thinking in the water, focusing only on breathing and pattern.

I miss it a lot more than I let myself on.

So, I've decided to make one more change: to get back into the pool again, 5 days a week. In the morning before I teach/go to school. I'm really excited about it. I refuse to let myself burn out. Because this is one thing I did and do love.

My goals are to only catch up to where I was in practices. It will take a lot of time. But it's going to happen.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Glad to hear you're making positive changes in your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete