Friday, July 12, 2013

So CLOSE.

As most of you know, I have been on a weight loss journey.

January, I weighed in at 190lbs. I was a size 13/14, could barely walk up stairs without exhaustion and ate bags of candy at a time.

I passed marine corps audition for the band and I realized and was told that I was 41lbs over max weight.

So, I changed. I changed habits, eating, exercising.

Now, July, I weigh 154lbs, a size 7/8, and I can run 3-5 miles at a time, and eat lean foods, proteins, vegetables, eggs, fruit, and snack on peanuts. It was painful, but I wanted a future. I went from a large belly, to being able to see the muscles in my stomach and around my body.

In all reality, I went from being obese to healthy body fat index.
I've lost a good 36lbs in the last six-seven months (I didn't really start till the end of January).


Now I'm 5lbs away. So close. SO CLOSE.


And these days, it's really a huge focus. But I realized that I don't have a lot of hobbies besides the workout life.


So, I think I'm going to get into a ceramics class this summer. I've never really done any visual arts, because I always sold myself short on my visual arts abilities. I have always wanted to be a visual artist. It has always fascinated me. But I often viewed myself as "only musician." I'm not just a musician, but someone who has wanted to try everything. A language would  be awesome to learn, too. Coding? Building a computer?

I want some suggestions. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment